Public meeting to investigate the tactics used by the Police, Government and Media in the Miners’ Strike of 1984/5, and the effects on policing protest today.
Political Policing From the Miners’ Strike to the Modern Day
• Were you a striking miner in 1984/5?
• Have you been involved in other protests since?
• Were you involved in the Poll Tax Rebellion?
• Were you involved in the anti-capitalist movement?
• Have you been involved in antifascist demonstrations?
• Have you been involved in student protests or UK Uncut?
Come along and join the debate and tell your stories. It is important for us to discuss the tactics used by the state to stiﬂe dissent and possible ways we can overcome the abuses of power.
Old Court Room, Wakeﬁeld Town Hall, WF1 2HQ 12.30pm – 1.15pm Saturday 18th May 2019